Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hikes

My two hiked were pretty similar, although I went to different places. Hamilton is a small area, and things generally look the same everywhere. The first day was a warm sunny day, approaching sunset. I walked out on a path that runs behind the houses, which all have very similar backyards with potted plants and small fields. The hill to my right was covered with fresh grass, and it looked like it looks every spring, with new California poppies and other flowers growing, and the grass becoming green again. This picture is from my first hike (the tree is an Oak tree, which are very common in Hamilton/ Novato):

My second hike was by Ammo Hill. This manmade hill has a flat top, with bunkers built into it. It is in the area where the marsh restoration project is going on, so the wildlife has improved significantly over the last few years. There is a path designated for walking, as well as a concrete road (used by work trucks working on the marsh restoration) that form a loop around a marsh for walking. The marsh/ area looks similar to the grass in the picture above, but a little more swamp-like. My walk was calm, there was almost no noise. I saw an owl, which is not an uncommon thing in this area, as there are plenty of mice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment